Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back To Client Number One

Misfortunate miscarriage.

Sadly, my second client called a few days ago to tell me that she had been up all night contracting and laboring (she was not very far along). There was little doubt in our minds that her tiny baby could have survived that event, and after a long search for heart beats, our fears were confirmed.

My own heart goes out to these women and sisters who bear such grief alone. Nobody can know what it felt like to be the future mother of that child she loved and hoped for.

1 comment:

suvi said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage! That must be so hard and I can't even imagine what it might be like for parents who lose the baby they are looking forward to.

I'm excited that you are building your midwife practice! hooray! You can do it!